Friday, November 7, 2014

The Best Professors are at Henderson State!

When most people think of college; they think of parties, sexual relationships, etc. However, I think of what ties the university together. Here at Henderson State, I must say we have the best professors especially in the Teacher's College!


This week has been super stressful for me! First off in two weeks, I have my admission interview into the Teacher's College, and I have been stressed about it. I am fortunately blessed to have a great Educational Technology professor, Dr. Brandie Benton, who encourages me to remain calm because after looking at my career developmental portfolio she said, "You have nothing to worry about." Dr. Benton may not know much about what's going on in my life, but at that moment it made my week! I am so fortunate to have a teacher who not only helps me in her class, but my other education classes! 

Henderson State is also very blessed to have another superb professor of education Dr. Charlotte Wright, who teaches Introduction to Education. As the semester is beginning to wrap up, assignments add up, and research papers are pilling up; Dr. Wright decides that after our current lecture which is Chapter 12: Professionalism in Relationships, Reality, and Reform that we will no longer do chapter quizzes. Instead, our job is to complete all quizzes in ANGEL, complete our observation hours, and write our reflection paper about our observation hours. Last night, I completed the quiz, and the score popped up that I made a 5 out of a possible 20 (25%). I immediately emailed Dr. Wright. Stating that some of the questions were directly from the text and said exactly what I had chosen for my answer. I asked her if she would please look over the key a second time to ensure the answers were in fact correct. She generously replied back and is currently looking over the key because about five students have asked her too look over it including myself.
She did not have to look over the key. However, she choose to ensure that students are getting the appropriate grade, and because she cares! 

Henderson State University's Teachers College has two great professors who I believe are the best in the education field Dr. Brandie Benton and Dr. Charlotte Wright! 

No comments:

Post a Comment